Digital UX Designer
Central Coventry – CV1 2TL
Salary range- £20k - £30k (Depending on experience)
10 Digital is part of the newly formed Exasoft Group which includes; 10 Digital, F2uni and Exasoft Plc.
WE ARE CREATORS, MAKERS, CRAFTERS, DESIGNERS, INNOVATORS AND DEVELOPERS
We're inspired by transforming clients’ businesses through stunning web design, awesome digital experiences and compelling content. Our team innovate, inspire, build and test with user and customer experience at the heart of what we do. Our roots are digital, our passion is contagious and our people are the best.
About the Position
We are looking for a multi-disciplined designer who understands and can apply user-centred service design and delivery practices within a digital agency context.
Putting our clients first you will listen to user feedback, conduct usability tests and carefully analyse data to get a better understanding of the requirements. Using this information you will identify and design new opportunities to improve User Experiences, communicating all the specifications to our development team through various UX deliverables for both web and application projects.
You will have the ability to think strategically and have a keen eye for new and long-term trends within the digital design arena using reporting to identify areas of growth and continuous improvement.
This job will report in to the Development Manager sitting within the Development Team.
- You will be the expert in Design and UX for the whole customer journey from client visit, quote, delivery to continuous improvement.
- Utilising Internal and External Key Stakeholder Engagement techniques you will define requirements, issues and insights to be reported on within the Project Team framework.
- By applying analytical skills you will provide Competitive Analysis, streamlined User Experience Process Flows and post Go Live Usability Testing Reports.
- Through strong application of User Experience Processes and Deliverables and User Centred Design Best Practises you will ensure that you deliver both Client and Business goals.
- Responsible for creating inspiring designs using the latest digital design trends and concepts, checking all outgoing work for quality and accuracy.
- Using empathetic thinking to create User Personas and creative problem solving to deliver effective, efficient and engaging User Journeys.
- You will record all functional requirements for our developers; communicating interaction design through technically detailed wireframes. Understanding technical dependencies and requirements to help produce informed solutions.
- You will be responsible for the creation of credible, accessible and added value prototypes, in a range of mediums to suit the project and client requirements.
- Working alongside the Group Testing Team, you will learn about users through UAT, revealing insights to redefine the solution and learn from each iteration to create new ideas for the project.
- Ensure all tasks are executed on time and to specification with estimations for timeframes where requested. You will have the ability to use time-tracking tools to monitor this and provide a basis for future quotations.
- Experience of working for a Digital Web Agency, ideally as a Digital UX Designer – preferably for 3 - 5 years.
- Enthusiastic Web Designer / UX with a strong portfolio, maintaining a positive attitude towards corporate, education and individual clients.
- Actively aware of all areas of design especially Web Design and UX.
- Highly confident with high profile clients; this role requires attending meetings with clients both onsite and offsite.
- Ability to explain technical issues, constraints and challenges in a simple and concise way internally and externally.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Fully conversant in Adobe CS5 (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop).
- Good ability to produce CSS for web pages and knowledge of HTML and Bootstrap.
- Exceptional Organisational Skills and the ability to multi-task successfully across both design and general administrative tasks (such as answering the phone and booking meetings rooms).
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Non-Contributory BUPA Healthcare (after a qualifying period)
- Flexi working times after probation
- 31 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays and this increases with service
- Career Progression
Our recruitment process
This is short and managed direct by our Group HR Manager.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to come and meet the team at a short test and interview.
Please note, all successful applicants will be subject to a satisfactory credit, fraud and criminal records check as part of our recruitment process.
Please email your CV and covering letter saying why you are suitable for this role to our Group HR Manager: Caroline.Park@explc.com